Discover Card - Discover Personal Loans Are a Scam
Discover Personal Loans are not what the company advertises them to be. They claim that you can pay off the loan early without penalty. What they do not tell you is that they bill the interest for the initial duration of the loan as a "finance charge" which you are required to pay regardless of when you pay off the loan.
What this means is that even if you pay off the principle of your loan early, you still owe the company interest for the original term of the loan. Unfortunately I did not know that companies could get around the "no penalty for early payoff" by charging the interest as a "finance charge".
Now they have me locked into a higher interest rate than the credit cards that I used the loan to pay off. Definitely look at this closer before you sign up. It is a life lesson for me and I personally will never do any banking through Discover again.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "I reported my card lost on 9/19/15 and automative phone service said 2 weeks for delivery. I called back and spoke to a person. They were supposed to expedite the..."
- "Here's my experience:January 29th, 2013: Did taxes on via Turbotax, when asked where I wanted the deposit to go I made a big ***king mistake and checked the box..."
- "if there is no safe , anymore how can we expect a refund? no one to even talk to NOONE. Like they never existed..... I have over 950$ in..."
- "My daughter ordered $147 arrangement which consisted of $15 for additional fruit. What I got was no where near what was pictured, and additional fruit was not there. ..."
- "we bought a sofa from Conn's a year a go we complain about it not being comfy, they replaced cushions steel didn't help. now customers service hangs up and..."
- "4 times I have ordered snickers sonic blast, only to find candy on top but was lucky to find any inside. I have called and they offered me another free,..."
- "Don't trust Discount Tire to back up their Rebates they promise you when buying tires there. I been fighting with these people now going on 3 months. I was promised..."
- "I ordered a chair from wayfair the color i ordered was vanilla. It was surpose to be a whitish color chair but when the chair arrived i opened the box..."
- "If anyone is out there looking for a way to add a layer of engagement to your wordpress theme that will require users to enter data, email capture, and form,..."