Discover Card - Discover Personal Loans Are a Scam
Discover Personal Loans are not what the company advertises them to be. They claim that you can pay off the loan early without penalty. What they do not tell you is that they bill the interest for the initial duration of the loan as a "finance charge" which you are required to pay regardless of when you pay off the loan.
What this means is that even if you pay off the principle of your loan early, you still owe the company interest for the original term of the loan. Unfortunately I did not know that companies could get around the "no penalty for early payoff" by charging the interest as a "finance charge".
Now they have me locked into a higher interest rate than the credit cards that I used the loan to pay off. Definitely look at this closer before you sign up. It is a life lesson for me and I personally will never do any banking through Discover again.review #224250
You may also like
- "I've had similar issues as other complaints - fees at "free" atms, many denied transactions, but not once have I been able to get through to a real person in..."
- "Horrible customer service bunch of frauds, I was charged double for $79.95 I contacted them more than 100 times nothing has changed I am paying minimum payment monthly to capital..."
- " I have been waiting for 10 weeks for Paypower to unblock my card. I want my money. Blackhawk wrote me a letter stating my dispute case has been solved..."
- " kelley wife liz kelley are involved in strawbuying in houston. They are under investigation for mortgage fraud Indictments Handed Down in Houston Straw Buyer Scheme/Rod Kelley+Liz Kelley+davidyoungteam.com rod..."
- "This is what has been going on with me after ordering Juicy Couture wallets from a seller on iOffer and being told they were 100% Authentic Juicy Couture several times..."
- "Vernetta and Geary Cockrum of Show-Me Puppies sold us several dogs that are vet. documented as being severely sick. 1. Female diagnosed with distemper, seizures 2. Female diagnosed with pyometra, knee problems 3...."
- "What I wrote to PayPal: "I placed this order on 7/14/15 - I waited almost 10 days for the item to arrive. On 7/23/15 I checked my order status on..."
- "I read all these articles and dont doubt how legitimate they are but I also believe its important to write about the positive experience. I bought a four month old..."
- "Heated a can of Allen's brand Italian Cur Green Beans and found a huge worm inside one piece of green bean. Went online to contact Allens only to find..."