Discover Card - Discover Personal Loans Are a Scam
Discover Personal Loans are not what the company advertises them to be. They claim that you can pay off the loan early without penalty. What they do not tell you is that they bill the interest for the initial duration of the loan as a "finance charge" which you are required to pay regardless of when you pay off the loan.
What this means is that even if you pay off the principle of your loan early, you still owe the company interest for the original term of the loan. Unfortunately I did not know that companies could get around the "no penalty for early payoff" by charging the interest as a "finance charge".
Now they have me locked into a higher interest rate than the credit cards that I used the loan to pay off. Definitely look at this closer before you sign up. It is a life lesson for me and I personally will never do any banking through Discover again.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "To Whom It May Concern: GE Capital Retail & Pay Pal continues to lie about funds taken out of my account. They have also started putting accounts overdue TWO days..."
- "I believe the reason that pay pal, EBAY & GE Capital now Synchrony Bank do this is that they want to really frustrate the customer stone wall them make up..."
- "I am a US citizen; yet western union refuses to change my legal name on my credit card. Customer Service, Accounting Department, & the Managers is unprofessional.They stole the remaining..."
- "This dog food is just cheap junk delivered to your home. Once you get it it smell like died animals. My dog would roll in the stuff like it was..."
- "I have pictures of dressing room floor which I tried to put on your FB. The floor was nasty while 5 employees in the dress area talking, laughing and even..."
- "Vernetta and Geary Cockrum of Show-Me Puppies sold us several dogs that are vet. documented as being severely sick. 1. Female diagnosed with distemper, seizures 2. Female diagnosed with pyometra, knee problems 3...."
- "4th watch order. ALL have been defective. The latest, an expensive Graham watch, arrived in two pieces and will have to be shipped to England to fix. ..."
- "Yes I did. After using my emails on your site and using the pay to delete account fraudulent emails apparently were obtained by individuals sending graphic nude pics..."
- "Mailman claimed to "leave a notice" on a package that was out for delivery today. I've checked my mailbox, and I've checked everywhere around the front door. There was absolutely..."